Sunday, March 1, 2009

...today, a change.....


Teatea has been gone for one month today.....such an empty feeling in my home and in my heart still.  I think everyone that has (or has had) an elderly cat really tries to "relish" every moment we're given as the furry family member comes toward the end of it's life....trying to appreciate every time they say hello to you (no matter how busy or late for work you are) and attempting to remember everything....the pitch of their purr, the way they smell (although sometimes that isn't too pleasant!) the way they communicate their changing needs to you.  Well, here I am just one month in to the loss of teatea, and I worry that I'm forgetting things that I was meaning to honor for the rest of my life.  I reckon that I forgot that I'm in the process of getting old too!!   [=  

It wasn't on purpose that a change is coming exactly one month after teatea's death.  It was just that "timing" that happens in life.  My husband and I really miss having a furry being in the house (teatea was an "only cat" indoors, by her rules).  I know that I'm nowhere near ready for a permanent resident to be chosen, so I have decided to "foster" cats in need in the meantime.  One cat, perhaps a couple of kittens, depending on what the needs of the humane society were.  I called and they said they had a 1 year old female that was about to give birth and would I be interested in taking the cat and her kittens after she had them and they all checked out to be healthy....sure.  A 1 year old first time mom would probably have....what....about 3 or 4 kittens.  Wrong.  She had 6 healthy kittens.   Six.  So today I am heading down to the shelter to pick up 7 cats....why does it feel like I should be heading to St. Ives instead????   (more later...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment