Thursday, March 26, 2009

thursday blues....


...today I found myself thinking of teatea at work during one of the trivial disputes between self-pontificating managers....and let myself go back to the moments when we put her down....and in a fit of self- punishment, allowed me to glimpse what she may have experienced during some of her last moments....somehow I yanked myself away from that abyss of despair and made myself go back to more pleasant memories....like the day I threw her onto my ex-husband's face....no, really, it was an accident....but a hilarious one at that.

teatea was a scrapper with other cats.  they were NOT acceptable in her home.  I was living with my sister, who decided that she would get a cat as well, and we had them on a rotation schedule....teatea out at night, foosil (her cat) out during the day.  Well, teatea was out and out came foosil.  Brawl.  teatea was quick and sharp, so I broke it up by grabbing her scruff and kind of flinging her off of foosil (not the brightest or quickest of cats)....well, i never dreamed of envisioning her trajectory pattern during the launch....but quickly realized the shortcomings of my plan when over my right shoulder I hear this "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!"  I turned around to see my previously napping husband laying on the sofa with a very very angry cat on his face....during the launch and trajectory teatea had managed to right herself to land claws down....right on my husband's head.  He was not pleased.  I could not stop laughing.  This is not the reason he is an exhusband.  I found out later that he deserved it more than just a bit.   [=   

No comments:

Post a Comment