Saturday, March 14, 2009

2 weeks of silence, but not of forgetting....




my silence of 2 weeks isn't because of forgetting teatea....not by a longshot.  Life just suddenly got very very busy.  I picked up the foster cat and 6 kits (that were 3 days old when we got them) about 2 weeks ago, and most of my spare time is taken up by making sure they have everything they need, including fresh bedding, lots of handling, lots of attention for the mom (named Oona) .....and then there was the dreaded time change that sucks the life out of me every year!!  How did it get here so early?!   I've lost about an hour and a half sleep every night for the last 2 weeks, and STILL haven't had time to remember to post here....but teatea is never far from my heart and mind.  The cats are a welcome distraction....I would HIGHLY recommend anyone that has lost one of their furry friends to think about fostering.  It's a way to get that furry love back in your life while still honoring the one you loved and lost, by giving a cat who has had a "rough start" a safe home til their time for a permanent home comes.  I'm not thinking of adopting any of these little critters currently, but if teatea "appears" in any one of them, they might be mine.  If she doesn't, I shall go on fostering for the cats/kittens until that "one" does appear.  It's not my time frame, it's teatea's.  I'll post a few of the photos of the litter here, because they are a part of the process of healing from my loss.  

I am also walking for the the Humane Society that I'm fostering for..... currently i am about $300 shy of my fundraising goal, but I hope to make it by walk day.  It's in honor of teatea and all other pets of my sponsors that are still painfully missed.  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment